CoSolutions, through its SBA All Smalls Mentor Protégé Program (ASMPP) JV, 1st Choice Tandem, LLC, is a GSA 8(a) STARS III GWAC contract holder. CoSolutions is a long-time, highly experienced GSA 8(a) STARS program awardee having successfully executed over $100M+ in awards, both competitive and sole source directed, under the previous STARS II GWAC vehicle.
1st Choice Tandem was awarded the two focused scope sub-areas: Emerging Technologies (ET) and OCONUS Place of Performance.
STARS III provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. With a $50 billion program ceiling and a 5-year base period with one 3-year option, STARS III allows for long-term planning of large-scale program requirements while strengthening opportunities for 8(a) small businesses. STARS III offers fixed price, time and materials, labor hour, and blended task order types, providing greater flexibility in procuring different types of IT products and services, meeting the federal government’s mission requirements at the same time affording government agency customers the opportunity to meet their 8(a) socioeconomic goals.
Eligible NAICS Codes for award under STARS III
STARS III is centered on NAICS 541512 but may include other NAICS codes that are predominately IT services. These may include, but are not limited to: 541511, 541513, 541519, and 518210.
STARS III designated by OMB as “Best-in-class” Vehicle
Best-in-class (BIC) is a government-wide acquisition designation used to denote contracts that meet rigorous category management performance criteria. STARS III met OMB’s stringent requirements and criteria to be placed in this BIC category.
BIC designations are given to contracts and vehicles that can be used by multiple agencies and satisfy OMB’s five key criteria:
- Rigorous requirements definitions and planning processes
- Appropriate pricing strategies
- Data-driven strategies to change buying and consumption behavior (i.e., demand management)
- Category and performance management strategies
- Independently validated reviews
STARS III offers two Focused Scope Sub-areas:
- Emerging Technologies (ET)
- OCONUS Place of Performance
- 1st Choice Tandem has been awarded both Focused Scope Sub-areas based on its demonstrated experience in emerging technologies and OCONUS (overseas) contract performance
STARS III Advantages:
- 8(a) small business set-aside to meet agency socioeconomic 8(a) goal
- $50 billion program ceiling
- 8 year ordering period expiring 1 July 2030
- Directed task order awards of up to $4 million each
- Low 0.75% contract access fee
- Access to multiple types of task orders (FFP, T&M, LH, and blended)
- No protests on orders under $10M, (except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC.)
For More Information: